Sunday, March 25, 2007

Greetings from Abu Dhabi

Arrived in Abu Dhabi last night and the first thing that hit me wasn't the heat. It was the humidity. The temperature was around 26degC (80F) but the humidity was in the high eighties.

Transfer to the hotel was uneventful although the road was fabulous and plam tree lined. Apparently they've planted over 5million palm trees here in the last few years as part of a greenification project.

Hotel is the Beach Rotana Hotel and Towers which is very nice. Room is v. comfortable and I slept like a log which is very unusual for me for a first night away. I expect it was because I hadn't slept much the night before - 2hours - and a couple of cat naps on the plane. Got bumped up to Club class on the way out which was nice.

Today is a recouperation and rest day before the the onslaught of the conference Monday through Wednesday.I'll post more later. I've got my camera so if anything /interesting/ pops up I'll snap it...

No comments:

Post a Comment